Brighton manager Graham Potter has responded to rumours linking Yves Bissouma with Liverpool, saying there have been ‘no approaches’.
Bissouma was first linked with the Reds earlier this month as a potential replacement for Georginio Wijnaldum.
It’s thought that Liverpool will launch a £30 million bid in the January window for the 24-year-old.
Potter has now responded to the transfer speculation. Speaking ahead of Brighton’s clash against West Ham, he said: “There have been no approaches. As I’ve said before, just because it’s in the newspaper, doesn’t necessarily mean it’s true.
“My focus on Yves is how I can help him improve and I think he’s still got some improvement to do.
“That’s my focus with him, to try and help him reach his full potential. He’s got some work to do yet, so that’s what we are focusing on.”
Bissouma has been one of their standout performers this campaign. He’s made 13 appearances, scoring one goal during that time.
He’s a tireless midfielder who works well to win the ball back for his team. He is also good on the ball, helping to draw comparisons with Liverpool’s Wijnaldum.
Arsenal have also been linked with a move for Bissouma. They’re targeting new players in January after enduring a poor run of form recently.
He joined Brighton from Lille in July 2018 for an undisclosed fee. Bissouma wasn’t an instant hit at the Amex Stadium, but he’s now become an integral part of Potter’s plans.
The Seagulls will be hoping to keep hold of one of their star players. He could form an important part of their battle against relegation this season.
Following their match against West Ham, Brighton play struggling Arsenal on Tuesday 29th December.